My Top Ten Favorite Movies


I thought you guys deserve to know a little bit more about me as you take the time to actually read my blog. So here is a list of my top ten favorite movies in no particular order because I kind of suck at putting things in order of my favorite but these are the top ten movies which I would happily watch.

1. Me Before You

I know I'm starting with a tear-jerker but I honestly love this movie. I read the book before I watched this movie and I cried when I read this book. I thought Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin were perfect for the roles of Louisa and Will. Honestly I couldn't imagine anyone else playing the roles of them. Honestly this movie was so inspiring and just shows that your life can change in a second that you should make the most of the life that you are living. It's just so beautiful that I cannot even find the words to describe how much I love this movie. I'd highly recommend you go check it out if you have not seen it yet and definitely read the book by JoJo Moyes first because honestly you'll cry and also there's a sequel of the book called After You which you should read as well to find out what happens next.

2. Harry Potter

I could not have a list of a top ten favourite movies and not include Harry Potter. Harry Potter will always be a big win for me. I could watch a Harry Potter movie and always feel happy about it. I've never actually had a full Harry Potter movie marathton back to back but I feel like I should. Maybe I will do it for my birthday or something. Just spend the whole day watching Harry Potter. I've heard it's 19 hours and 38 minutes without the credits so it is possible to do it all in one day. You'll probably just have to make sure you have no plans that day, lots of snacks and go to bed really late as well as wake up early because you'll have a lot of Harry Potter to get through. Anyway, like I said before words can't describe how much I love the Harry Potter series. I've even reread the books so many times and I still love it everytime. My top two favourites would definetly have to be Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire. I just find them the more interesting years out of all of them and I just love when I read these two books or watch the movies. All in all I love the entire series to be honest.

3. The Devil Wears Prada

Who doesn't love this movie? I mean it's Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. This movie is just the best and defiently a movie which is fun to watch. I'm not going to lie but everytime I watch this movie I always feel motivated to write a blog post. I don't know why that is. I guess this movie just makes me want to be a successful independent woman and it makes me wanna treat this blog like a job. Does it motivate anyone else to do work or make a blog post or start magazine or is it just me? Probably just movie. This movie is the best and I'm sure most of you reading this will know that and if you've never seen this movie. Where have you been? I'm kidding. I saw this movie for the first time like two years ago so don't worry about it. But seriously if you've never seen this movie then you need to watch it. Seriously you will love it.

4. The Intern

Let's talk about another movie which motivates me to write blog posts. I'm actually currently watching it while writing this post. I feel like this movie is one of those underappreciated movies and I really don't get it. It has Robert De Nero and Anne Hathaway in it. It's a really fun and inspiring movie because it's all about making the most of your life and that you're never too old or too young to do anything in this world. Honestly, I want to be like the character of Ben when I'm older because he's just so inspiring and even though he's in his retirement he still wants to do things and make everyday exciting. He doesn't want to be stuck in the house all day. He wants to go out and live his life to the best and that's why I get inspired by him. That's why I love this movie and I would highly recommend you check it out if you have not already.

5. Love Rosie

I feel like there's a little theme here as this movie stars Sam Claflin (He's so cute and I love him) but that's not why I love this movie. Well maybe a little bit. It also stars Lilly Collins. This movie is just so funny and loveable. It's about how life can get in the way of things and nothing is how you expected it to turn out. This movie is just so fun and so relatable at times. It's really great. I'm just a sucker for chick flicks and this is definetly one that I love to watch. I would highly recommend.

6. Pirates of the Caribbean

Now who does not love a bit of Captain Jack Sparrow? I love this film series. After Harry Potter this is my second favourite film series. I just feel happy when I watch this and still find some of the jokes funny. It's just one of those movies that I'd happily watch if I was in the mood to watch a movie. It's just great. I remember in the first week back at university I was in Asda doing my grocery shop and then an announcement came that the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean was out on DVD on special offer for £10. I was so happy and excited because I saw it in the cinema and absolutely loved it. I went straight to the DVD counter after the announcement and picked it up. I just love these movies.

7. Pride

If you have never seen this film then I would highly recommend you check it out. It's such a fun loving motivational movie. I actually cried at the end (and still do sometimes) but it's just so empowering and literally I feel happy whenever I put this on. I actually discovered this movie in my Media Studies class in Sixth Form and we went to go see it in the cinema. I thought it was great and I love analysing this movie. It was really great and one of my favourite movies to watch.

8. Beauty and the Beast

I have to put one of my favourite Disney movies of all time on this list. When I was a kid I absolutely loved Beauty and the Beast. I had a lot of toys and stuff which related to Beauty and the Beast like a suitcase, a jewllery box etc. I just loved it. It made me so happy everytime it was put on the TV. As I got older I realised I kind of related to Belle she's a bookworm but also felt like she was different to the rest of the town which is actually I feel at this moment in time so I feel I can kind of relate to her. I loved the original animation but I also really enjoyed watching the remake as well. They are both great in my opinion.

9. The Rocky Horror Picture Show

As I was writing this list I noticed there was a lack of musicals here and I'm someone who loves watching musicals. Now I didn't include Shrek the musical or Cats on this list because even though they are my favourites they were technically filmed on a stage but honestly I love them just as equally as the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Now I absolutely love this movie. It's fun and has a lot of great music. Who doesn't love the Time Warp? I feel like this one of those under appreciated musicals but honestly it is really great. The cast is great and it's just something I'm so familiar with and could probably recite all the lines to the movie that I just love it. I've also watched the live screening of the Rocky Horror Picture which you should definetly watch. I think it's on YouTube but it is amazing. I feel like it does make a difference when you watch Rocky Horror live and listen to the audience participation. It definetly adds a fun side to the whole show which is really great.

10. The Fault In Our Stars

Finally, I'm ending this list on another tear jerker but honestly I love this film. I read the book first and cried at that then I watched the movie and cried at that as well. Honestly, this movie is just beautiful. The whole entire story is just perfect and the casting as well for Hazel and Augustus was just perfect. It's such a good movie and honestly if you've never seen this movie or read the book then I would highly suggest that you go and check it out.

I know I'm probably terrible at describing my thoughts and feelings on a movie but I just didn't want to spoil them for you in case you've never seen them (because spoilers are literally the worst thing ever). However, I feel putting the movie on the list as one of my favourites should count as a recommendation that you should check it out. Not that I expect anyone to read this will do that but you never know.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading about my top ten favourite movies. Let me know your favourite movies in the comments below and I'll be back tomorrow with another post for you. I love blogging everyday. It kind of motivates me to write blog posts and honestly I absolutely love it. It's a great feeling afterwards when you've written the blog post. If you don't have a blog then you should definetly try it because it is a fun hobby to do.

Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two