Simple Make Up Routine


Believe it or not you can have a very simple make up routine in only six steps. It's very simple and minimalistic. You can use it for work or school or just days when you're not feeling like putting on so much make up but you still want some make up. It's also so quick and easy to do.


Here we go:

Step 1 - Concealer. Use the concealer under the eyes and any spots and blemishes that you may have. You don't even need foundation and this is more of a natural make up look. Sometimes I find it's too obvious you have make up on when you have foundation but with concealer you're just putting it on the parts which really need it. My favourite concealer to use is Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in the shade Fair 1. I absolutely love this concealer and would highly recommend it to anyone.


Step 2 - Powder. I like to use powder to set my concealer but also it feels like a little base but not an overwhelming base like a foundation might be. Your face can still breathe but it still feels like you're in a way airbrushing your face of all the spots and blemishes but you'll still look natural. A powder I've been loving recently is another by collection and it's thei Lasting Perfection Powder in the shade Fair. I actually really like this powder as it gives that little bit extra rather than it being a setting powder. It just works well with the concealer and would recommend it.


Step 3 - Blusher. Now after you've set your face you will want to add a bit of colour to it just so you don't look like a ghost. I prefer to use a blusher rather than a contour as it looks more natural if you add a bit of colour to your cheeks. I like to use the Miss Sporty Insta Glow blusher in the shade luminious beige because it's a natural blush colour. It's not too pink but it's pigmented that you can see a colour in your cheeks.


Step 4 - Eye Shadow. For the eye shadow I like to keep it very simple and natural. I love using a brown with a white nude colour to go with it and I just keep it simple really. I don't hassle with the whole blend it into the crease stuff. I just put the brown over the eye lid then then blend the white nude colour on top. It's just quick and easy sometimes especially if you're in a rush. My most used eyeshadow duo is the Natural Collection eye shadow duo in the shade Mocha/Latte. It's so pigmented and so affordable as well. You can get it from Boots and I would highly recommend. I used this for school but I recently purchased it in the summer and I have not stopped using it since. Definetly check it out if you're in to your nude eyeshadows.


Step 5 - Mascara. With masacara I prefer to use a waterproof mascara because it lasts a lot longer and it doesn't smudge as much. The mascara I use is one which I never really used before until this year because I know a lot of people were talking about it and it costs about £8 and I wasn't really keen to spend that much on a mascara but now I understand why people get it and it is amazing. It's the Maybelline Waterproof Lash Sensational and it is the best. I have quite long lashes but this mascara just makes them more volumising. It actually looks like I have fake lashes on. It's that amazing. It's also buildable so you can keep it more natural with one or two strokes but you can build it up to make it more volumous which is why I love it so much.


Step 6 - Lips. For lips I tend to only ever use nude lipsticks because I find over colours don't suit me plus I like some of lip products I use. I'll give you two options which I have been loving recently which I would highly suggest you check out. The first one is Makeup Revolution Rose Gold lipstick in the shade chauffeur. If you're looking for a natural nude lip which is not to OTT but still makes a difference to your lips then this is the one for you. I have been loving this lipstick and the colour. It also feels moisturising and just looks so good on. It's only £3 as well so it is a bargain. The next one I would recommend is the Collection Velvet Kiss Lip Cream in the shade caramel. If you're looking for something a bit extra but still quite natural lip colour then this is perfect. It's a mattefying lip cream and I've found it dries really quickly on your lips. It's just perfect for that little bit extra on your lips. Again this is about £3 so it is a bargain. Would definetly recommend these lip products.



I hope you enjoyed this very simple make up routine. This is something I tend to do on a daily basis so I'm happy to share it with you guys. Let me know if you use any of these make up products or maybe you have a better alternative. I wanna know.

Anyway, I'll be back again soon with another blog post.

See you then.

Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two