Why Do I Still Blog?


I made a post back in November asking why do I blog and I pretty much answered the question. I'll leave link to the post below so you can check it out.

However, I've started thinking about the question of why do I still blog. I mean I'm not one of those famous bloggers, I don't earn money from this blog and I don't get much attention from it. I mean those could be reasons why I could stop blogging but honestly those reasons don't really matter to me.

I just blog because I want to blog. I want to talk about things and I prefer this to actually making a bad quality video on YouTube. Mostly because this is more easier than filming, editing and uploading a video. This is just words typed out onto a laptop. It's very simple. Also I like the fact that I can wear what I like while I type this and not be judged for it. I'm currently in my pajamas with my hair tied up in a messy ponytail, wearing zero makeup and it feels great because I don't have to worry what I look like while I'm writing my posts.

Blogging is so much easier and I have full control of the posts on this blog because I'm the one who writes them. This blog is literally all me. This is my little space of the internet where I can write about whatever I want and it gets read by ten or more people. Just knowing someone has took the time to look at my blog, even if it was just for a second means a lot to me. It gives me another reason to make a post because someone out there might be enjoying what I'm writing about.

I just write about anything really and it's mostly the things I love. Whether that is a book review or a beauty haul or a day in the life post or some advice about university. I love writing about it because I love the things I'm writing about. I'm not trying to be like every blog out there. I just post about something I feel like posting about. I do get inspired sometimes by YouTube video or blog post idea but I just get the idea then I add my own version of it to the mix because I can and want to.

Anyway, I suppose what I'm trying to say is the reason I still blog is because I enjoy it. I like to write about something which I like or am passionate about. I like that I have my own part of the internet which belongs to me (kind of, if it wasn't for Blogger then I wouldn't really have this), but I still write and create all the posts which are published on this blog which makes me so happy. Knowing I've written 244 posts (including this one) for nearly three years now just makes me so proud that I've been able to accomplish that. I've made a blog once before then I just shut it down because I just gave up trying to make posts on it but not for this blog. I didn't give up on it. I know I have gone weeks without making posts but I always came back to it because the moment I started typing a post I remembered how much I love blogging.

So that's all I have to say about it. Thank you if you actually read everything I said but I just got carried away because sometimes when you start typing out a blog post, you just don't want to stop.

Anyway, I'll be back again soon with another post.

See you then.

Megan x

P.S. Here is the post I made back in November about Why Do I Blog? Check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two