The Future


The future is kind of a scary place because you never know what is going to happen.

Recently as I am in second year of uni and I've pretty much finished it, I get asked a lot about what you're going to do after university because I'll be starting third year in September.

Honestly, I wish I knew what I was going to do but honestly I don't really know. A part of me wants to get a great job and start working straight away plus get a great flat to live in but I doubt that will happen straight away.

I feel like there's a small chance that might happen but the likelihood is you may need to put it on hold for a year. I do have a small plan which is once I've finished university to take a sort of gap year just to sort myself out to figure out what I am going to do for the rest of my life.

If you are like me and are a student who doesn't know what to do after university. You are not alone. I do recommend though taking a year out as like a gap year. I went straight to university once I finished school so I've never really had a break from education. A gap year is sort of what I need even though it'll consist of me working, living with my mum and planning what I'm going to do the next year.

Just give yourself that gap year where you can boost your hobbies, skills which will surely impress your future employer. Even if you don't know what to do, maybe consider doing a masters for a year if you're really struggling. There's loads of options for you to take, you just need to find them. Now is the time to figure yourself out because you are young and you're allowed to make mistakes. Remember the first job you go into after university is probably not the one you'll do for the rest of your life so don't worry about it. Just stick it out for a year to see if you like it or not, if not do something else.

Another tip I can give you is to create a work portfolio of yourself which shows off all your skills and has evidence of the projects you've worked on. If you create this then you'll be prepared for when the employer wants to see a portfolio of yourself and you have done one. Also create a CV which you can easily hand to your future employers.

Just remember to not give up at the first hurdle. You have your whole life ahead of you so make it the best you can be.

Anyway, I hope this was helpful to any of you confused about the future.

I'll be back again soon with another post.

See you then.

Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two