University Study Tips!


Hey guys!

Long time no post!

I feel like I say that a lot on this blog but sometimes it happens. However, I'm still here and I have been busy with just life and uni work as this is my last month of second year and the pressure to get things done is one. As I've been studying and doing assignments that I'd share with you my study tips which I have learnt over this period of time which might be helpful to some of you guys.

Treat your uni work as a nine to five job

This has probably been one of the best tips I've ever been given by someone. If you spend around six to eight hours a day doing your work then you'll get it done in no time. You can do this five days a week and have weekends off to do whatever you like. Just get yourself in a routine where you wake up early in the morning get ready for the day, eat breakfast then crack on with some work. If you do this everyday you'll feel more productive and your body clock will get used to the idea to wake up early. I also find that when I wake up earlier I want to sleep earlier so in a way this tip is so helpful to your body and mind. Just remember to take breaks ever two hours so you're not stressed out.

Make to do lists 

Do make to do lists on what you need to get done. I live by to do lists. Put whatever assignment is the most challenging at the top of the list so that it's over and done with then the rest will be easier for you. If you have a plan and follow it then you will get through the assignments.

Don't leave it until the last minute

Honestly this is the worst thing you could possibly do. You might work better under pressure but honestly that is not good. You could do so much better in an assignment if you start it a month before it's due. Even just planning and doing a bit of research on your assignment plus getting an idea of it will be so helpful to you. Also if you start it a month before it's due and you don't understand it or don't know if your ideas are good enough then you can ask your lecturers because they will help you and lead you in the right direction. This way you are guaranteed to pass your assignment. Trust me when I say do not leave your assignments until the last minute.

Go to the library

I'm not even kidding about this. Just go to the library to do your work because it's quiet and your surrounded by other people who are working as well. Plus you have access to all the books you'll need for your assignments. Honestly, I find working in the library so much better than working on my desk in my bedroom because I just feel more motivated to do work and there are less distractions in the library than when you're working at home.

Reward yourself

I find that rewarding myself with a treat after doing a bit of work on my assignment really does motivate me to do it. Sometimes I'll say if I work on this assignment for two hours then I can go hang out with my friends or watch a movie on Netflix or play on my Playstation for the rest of the day. Just give reward yourself after you've done a good amount of work that day because honestly it's a good motivation knowing you have something to look forward to after you've done your work.

Think of all that free time after you've completed all your assignments

Just think about once you've done all your assignments how much free time you'll have. All that stress-free free time. Not having to worry about the due dates of your assignments because you've already submitted them all. Honestly it's a really nice thought and hopefully that will motivate you to just get your assignments done.

I hope these study tips were helpful to some of you who have assignments or exams. They'll soon be over and done with.

I'll be back again with another post soon.

See you then.

Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two