Library Study Session Essentials


As many of students will tell that you will have a more productive study session in the library rather than in your bedroom (even if you are working on your bedroom desk, you will not be as productive).

In my opinion working on assignments or studying for exams is a huge benefit to me and makes me even more productive than if I was in my bedroom. I think it's because I'm surrounded by other people who are working to and in the library (my library does this and I'm sure others do) but there's different floors dedicated to the noise level. There's a floor for group study session which is quite loud, there's a slightly quiet floor and then there's the top floor which is the very quiet floor which is where I go to do my work. I don't like to be distracted when I'm working because I like all my focus to be on the work so for me working in a quiet area where there aren't many people talking is a really help for me.

Now I thought I'd share my library study session essentials for those of you who are planning on having a study session to work on your assignments or to study for your upcoming exams I have a list of all the essentials you will need so here we go.

1. A computer/laptop
Now in my library there are loads of computers which I like to use because for all of my assignments I need to work on the computer. Sometimes though the library can get busy and a lot of students will be using the computers and you might not be able to use one so I suggest bringing your laptop to work on your assignments just try to stop yourself from going on social media or you'll get distracted.

2. Paper and pens
I like to bring the good old fashion paper and pens to my study sessions in the library because sometimes I want to make notes for myself and I find scribbling notes down on paper is easier because it's there beside you as you work and it's just handy to have.

3. Memory stick
Bring your memory stick to the library because there is nothing worse than your computer shutting down unexpectedly and you have lost all the work you've done. Take a memory stick and back up your work to it so that if your computer unexpectedly does shut down then you will have your work backed up. Also remember to save regularly on both your computer and memory stick because it can suck if you haven't saved and you lose all your work.

4. Drink and snacks
Before I go to the library, I end up going to the student union to buy a sandwich and a drink so that I have something to eat in the library because you never know how long you're going to be in the library and you might get hungry.

5. Post it notes
Post it notes are really useful as you can use them to mark down pages which are useful to your work. Also if you need to scribble down a quick note or you remember something or even if you need to give yourself a reminder then you can just scribble it down onto a post it note and place it somewhere where you can see them.

6. Books
Now you'll probably need reference some stuff in your assignments so I suggest going around your library and getting the relevant books because most of the time you need to back up everything you say so you may as well find the relevant references to help you and you will definitely get a better mark for it.

7. A study playlist
I don't know about you but I don't like to work in silence so I'll either look up a study playlist on Spotify or I will listen to the Titanic soundtrack because there's no lyrics on it just music and so it allows me to concentrate on my work more as there's no lyrics just music.

That's pretty much it for your library study session essentials. I hope they were helpful to any of you planning a library study session whether that is to work on your assignments or study for the upcoming exams. Whatever it is I wish you good look.

I'll be back again soon with another post.

See you then.

Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two