12 Bookworm Problems


I am a massive bookworm. I love reading books and escaping the real world and enter a fictional one. Reading makes me so happy because I can just get lost into the pages of a book and forget about all the problems of really life.

However, like with many things there are a few problems many bookworms like myself have to face.

1. So many books to read
There are so many books out there of all different genres and the sad truth is we probably won't be able to read them all. No matter how big your book collection is there is always another book out there which could be apart of your favourite genre and you don't own it. There are so many books I want to read. I have a huge reading list of books which I own that I want to read but there's also books which are on my Amazon wish list that I want to read to. It's complicated but you'll always find another book to read.

2. Not enough time to read
I wish I could spend all day just reading books but sometimes life has to come first. Whether you need to go to work, school, university or even clean the house and do your chores it means that sometimes you don't have time to read. It is sad that life has to come first but there's always a chance to squeeze in a chapter or two if you feel like it or have the time to.

3. The dreaded reading slump
All bookworms will have heard and lived through the reading slump. It is where you have just finished a good book and you want to read again but you're just not into it because you're still pining over the last book you read or you just are not in the right mindset to pick up a book and read. It is hard when you are in the reading slump because you do want to read but you just can't get into a book. Then you start thinking random thoughts like "Will I ever read again?" "Is this it for me?" "I have so many books to read". I promise you though if you love reading and have loved reading for a while then you will eventually get back to reading. If you are really in the reading slump just pick up a book you've read before and re read it because that might make you want to read more. For me that would be picking up any of the first three Harry Potter books because they're smaller than the others and not too overwhelming. Plus any excuse to read Harry Potter is just perfect.

4, Not Enough Room For Your Books
You may come across the struggle of not having enough room for your books on your bookshelf. This can be really sad but it happens because you have a big collection of books. However, this can be turned around by reorganising your bookshelf so that all your books fit onto it. I don't know if this is just me or if other book lovers feel this way but I love reorganising my books because it is so satisfying when you finish and you just look at your newly organised books.

5. Glancing at the next page and seeing a spoiler
It is the worse because now you know what it going to happen next and it just sucks because it's not a surprise anymore. This tends to happen to me on the last two pages of a chapter. I'll be reading then my eyes will just glance to the last sentence of the chapter and then I see the spoiler. It's not one of those spoilers that you don't expect to happen in the book so you're in complete shock and sadness by the fact you just spoiled the chapter for yourself.

6. Finishing a book series and not knowing what to do with your life
The problem with a book series especially a long one like Harry Potter is the finishing of the last chapter of the book. You've been so engrossed with the characters for so long that you don't think you can read another story for a while. This is one of the causes of the book slump because you're still pining for the previous story and characters.

7. Spending all your money on books
Going on Amazon is like torture because as I'm always buying books from there then it always recommends me more books which I want to read. My wish list on Amazon has about 30 books on it. It's just so difficult not buying a book from there and don't even get me started on when I walk into Waterstones. I don't think I could ever leave Waterstones without buying a book.

8. The big TBR pile
Every bookworm has a big tbr pile of books we own but have not read yet and you try to get through them but suddenly you see a recommendation of a book which you find interesting so you end up getting it. I have this problem where I've bought books and as I've bought a few it means my TBR pile is getting bigger and bigger every time.

9. When someone wants to borrow your book and you're not so keen to part with your books
It's nice that someone wants to borrow one of your books but you can't help but worry about when they'll give it back to you or the possibility they might damage it. Sometimes you're just not keen to part with your books because they are like your babies.

10. Always carrying a book with you
You never know if you'll be going somewhere and there might be a time when you can read. I have this problem sometimes where I weigh my bag down with a book but it's worth it if there is a time where I have time to read and I actually have a book with me. Though sometimes it's those times where you left your book at home and you think about how you can use this time to read a book but you don't have the book.

11. When you lose your place in the book
It is the worse thing to happen because it is a struggle to find the page and the chapter you were on without spoiling the book.

12. When nobody understands why you have so many books
It's hard because you just love your collection of books and nobody gets that. They just think you should give some away but you know that is not going to happen because your books are like your babies. Plus you're proud of how many books you own and especially if all of them if not most of them you bought with your own money.

13. When the next book in the series is not out yet
It's literally a struggle waiting for next book to see what happens in the series.

That's all I have to share about bookworm problems. I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know any other bookworm problems you've encountered as a bookworm.

I'll be back again soon with another post.

See you then.

Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two