My Study Routine


As you may have noticed, I haven't really been posting lately and that's because life is getting slightly stressful at the moment as deadlines are coming up and I'm working on my assignments. I also just haven't found the motivation to post anything on here so I do apologize for that.

Anyway, today I just thought I'd share with you my studying routine for when I'm doing assignments just to give you guys an idea about what I do when I'm working on my assignments and hopefully it'll give you some tips on what you could do when you're studying or working on assignments.

So let's get on with my study routine.

The first thing I do is make sure my surroundings are tidy. Especially if I'm working in my room (which I am today). I just have to make sure everything is tidy and my desk isn't too cluttered or else I cannot work and my mind will be distracted on how messy my desk or even my bedroom is. I just have a quick tidy up and normally cleaning my room kind of motivates me to be productive. I don't know why, it just does.






I then make a cup of tea because to me it's a very relaxing drink and as well as grab a snack which today was just a packet of crisps then I'm ready to work.





I always make a list of everything I want to get done so for me that I know what I have to do.


Next, I set a timer for an hour and then I say goodbye to my phone and put it away in my drawer or behind me so that I can't see it. Normally I like to work for an hour then take a little break.




Sometimes, I don't like the quietness but I also don't like loud music. Normally when I do essays, I put on the Titanic soundtrack. It's a kind of relaxing soundtrack and has no words to it so it helps me concentrate when there's no words. It's just nice to have a bit of music. Even when I'm on a roll and typing away at this essay, the music just adds to my happiness that I'm slowly progressing on this essay.


I will also have a look through textbooks I have and mark down pages which could be revelant to my essay. Sometimes it's handy to have textbooks because your lecturers want you to reference from academic books so you may as well get some books out of the library. It just shows you've done research and it'll probably make your essay sound better if there's quotes from authors.



Now I begin to do my work for an hour.


When the timer goes off and my hour is done. I set a ten minute timer and take a break. It's important to take breaks because you need a bit of breathing time and a break away from working. During this time, I will check my phone to see if I have any messages. Make another tea and maybe get a snack. Once my ten minutes is up, I set another timer for an hour and continue to work again.

This is just my way of doing my assignments and it does help and get me through them. If you have a time in the day where you're doing anything. Just work on your assignment. The sooner you get them done, the better.

I hope this helped some of you and I'll be back again soon with another post.

See you then guys.

Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two