Second Year


It feels so crazy that tomorrow I will be travelling up to my university again to begin my second year. I am both so excited and so nervous. It feels like yesterday that this time last year I was about to start my first year of university.

It's crazy how fast a year has gone. They do say your years at university fly by and I have to say I feel like they have. Not for one second do I regret the decision of going to university because I'm glad I did it. It's a great experience and I feel so much more prepared for adult life. I know how to be independent without having to rely on my parents. I know how to manage money, cook, clean and even do laundry. I manage to learn it all in a year and now I get to do it all again starting tomorrow.

However the independence is not the best part. It's the different people you meet from all over the country and the experiences. Freshers Week alone is an experience which I'll never forget as it was the best week of my life last year and I'm really looking forward to it again this week.

There was some sad times though where at one point last November I wanted to just give it all up because I thought I was going to fail an assignment and I just didn't want to go and fail. Instead of confronting the problem, I ran away to home because I was terrified. Yes I was a bit of a chicken but I went back and talked to the lecturer. Then everything was fine and I felt reassured about this particular assignment. I've now learnt that you need to just talk to your lecturers. They are their to help you. They won't be angry at you, they'll help you because they actually want you to get a degree. I actually ended up getting a really good mark for that assignment so it's not all that bad.

Anyway, it's not all doom and gloom at university. I've done new things that I never thought I'd do and shared so many memories with so many wonderful people. I can't wait for the next two years of university.

Good luck to anyone heading off to university tomorrow. You are going to love it and make the most of it all because it really will fly by.

I'll be back again soon with another post. See you then.

Megan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two