University Haul + Tips

Hey guys!

So as I've said in some of my posts before. I'm hopefully going to university in September (it all depends on my results on August 13) but I've been buying stuff recently for university just in case because I don't want to wait for after results and rushing around buying stuff at the last minute of things I'll need. I also thought I'd make this post for ideas for some of you that may be going to university.

I also recommend watching YouTube videos of University hauls and room tours so you get an idea of how big the rooms might be and what you'll need to bring. Some people to have some helpful tips.

I do have one big tip for any of you going to Uni and that is not to over pack. Trust me. Your room will probably be small and there may not be any space for you to keep things. So in September when you're packing the contents of your room, ask yourself if you're holding loads of DVDs. 'Do I really need this?' 'Will I have time?' 'Is it really necessary?' 'Have I watched any of these DVDs recently?' DO NOT SAY 'What if?' Because the chances are that what if won't come true so just bring a few DVDs that you enjoy and you know you'll probably watch. Think about that when you're packing your stuff and ask your self do you really need it.

Anyway, I better show what I bought. All these things I bought are from Wilkos but most of this stuff you can get anywhere like B&M bargains. It's not all the things but I'll probably make another post at some point when I have even more stuff and I know for definite I'm going to uni.



With these items I bought I got some good deals with these. 

1. Chopping Board - I think it was around £2 but you can get chopping boards for cheap anywhere.

2. Mixing Bowl - I was walking around the shop when I saw this mixing bowl and guess what. It was 50p. I thought that was a bargain and I had to get it because I knew I could use it for noodles or those pasta and sauce things that you can microwave.

3. Wooden Spatula - This was right next to the mixing bowls and I knew I had to have it as well as it was a bargain. It was 25p. I thought it would be handy and it was cheap.

4. Bin - I found this in the children's bedroom section and I was in need of a bin with a lid for uni. Most small bins I looked at were metal and were something like £8 but then I came across this purple bin and it was £3. It was the only purple bin left but it had no purple lid, but it was next to pink bins with lids and so I just took the pink lid and I thought they looked nice together. I have a sort of purple theme to my room so I had to get it. 

5. Alarm clock - I know what you're thinking. Why not use your phone for an alarm but honestly you can't always rely on a phone. Especially if you need to get up early for a lecture. Your phone could die or not work in the middle of the night so it's better to be safe than sorry. Also it's handy checking the time using a clock rather than pulling your phone out all the time. It was only £2 and you don't need an expensive alarm clock.

6.  Dustpan and brush - Honestly you may not realise it but you may need one of these. You may get crumbs on your bedroom floor and it's easier using this than using your hands to pick the crumbs out. It was £2 but there was some white boring ones for £1 too but it's up to you really. I thought it would be nice to have a colourful dustpan and brush so it doesn't look ugly.


Now I have two duvets, I was originally going to have one and just take one from home but my nan insisted as she was buying them for me. The one on the left I think was £14 (it might have been £12 but I'm not sure) and the one on the right was £12. I also got sheets to put under the quilt as my nan gave me a tip that if you sleep under sheets then all you need to do is wash the sheets rather than the duvet as well. Plus in the winter months having sheets under your duvet will keep you warmer as I've heard uni rooms can get freezing. 

Anyway, that's about it that I bought from Wilkos. I hope this haul and some of my tips were helpful to you. I'll be back soon with another post. Bye guys. I love you all.

PS - This was not sponsored, it was all the purchases which were made on a day out with my nan and mum. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Plans

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30

Chapter Two