Sunday, 5 November 2017
This is just a blog post just to say meh.
I'm going to be honest with you all. I didn't write a blog post ready for today and I was planning to make a blog post talking about my weekend and my trip to Cardiff on Friday and Saturday but honestly I just didn't feel like writing about it or I didn't know how to put into words about my trip.
I've just kind of had one of those days where I have no motivation to do anything productive today and as the title of this post suggests I've been feeling meh.
For those of you who don't know. Meh is just expressing a lack of interest and enthusiasm in something which is how I'm feeling right now.
Don't get me wrong I love to blog and I'll be back to making more interesting posts tomorrow but today is just one of those posts that is pretty boring to read.
However, I said at the beginning of this month that I'll be blogging everyday in November as I have done (or attempted to do) these past years in November. So here is the blog post for the day. It's short and boring but it's just to let you all know that currently as I type this out I'm feeling meh.
But it's okay to feel meh sometimes. It's a part of life. We lose motivation and enthusiasm in things we like sometimes. However, it can be turned around. I mean look at this right now. This is a blog post that you're reading. It may not be an exciting post but it's still a blog post. Even as I right this post I'm starting to feel a little better so that's a good thing right?
Anyway, it's my last night at home before I travel back up to university again in the morning. I'll probably blog about my travel experience or just my thoughts and feelings on the day. Who knows? Maybe I'll do a day in the life post. The post will probably go up tomorrow evening (UK time) but it'll probably be a better post than this one.
So all I have to say now is that I'll be back tomorrow with another post. See you then.
Saturday, 4 November 2017
I am a blogger and sometimes there are moments when I lost my motivation to blog or I struggle to fing a post to write. This is actually one of those moments when I was struggling to come up with a blog post to write for this blog posting month then I thought I know I'll make a post about blogging motivation. I thought this post will be useful to bloggers as well as myself to find the motivation to write a blog post. Here's my advice for you guys which I have found useful in the past when I have lost motivation to write a blog post.
1. Watch a movie
I don't just mean any movie. Watch a movie about a magazine or running a website. Two movies which I always turn to when I've lost my motivation to blog is The Devil Wears Prada and The Intern. Now I don't know what it is about these movies but these just get me the motivation to write a blog post. I just get inspired by the hard working women in these movies that are writing a magazine or running a website that it just makes me want to be like them and I feel I can in a way be like them by working on this blog so it just kind of gets me to write a blog post. Like at this moment in time I'm watching The Intern and literally here I am writing this blog post. It actually works for me. Maybe you should try watching these movies and seeing if you get that motivation to write a blog post for your blog.
Pinterest is a great place to find some blogging motivation. It also has links to other blog posts which kind of give me motivation to write a blog post. Sometimes you see a pin on pinterest and you just think I could write something like that or put my own perspective on a particular topic. Just have a scroll through Pinterest and have a read of other peoples blogs because I'm positive that you'll find a blog post idea and the motivation to write a blog post.
Call me old fashioned but I still love to go to a shop and actually pick up a magazine. I know these days a lot of articles and stuff are avaliable online but honestly reading through a magazine can just give you ideas on what to write for a blog post. You may see an article or a topic which you may want to do your own take. Personally I like reading Cosmopolitan and Glamour magazines because you can find some great articles which can get you motivated to blog more. You can also just scroll through magazine websites to find ideas and motivations to write a blog post. Maybe just seeing the success of a magazine and thinking maybe one day (it's probably possible) that your blog could be just like that. A success.
4. A blogging notebook
What I mean by this is get yourself a cute looking fun notebook and deidicate it to just your blog. Wirte your blog posts in there or write your ideas for them. Just keep a notebook on you and write in it your blogging ideas. I got my notebook from Primark and I really like it because it's like a moleskin notebook and on the cover it has a phrase which says 'more issues than vogue' which makes me smile and honestly I love this notebook because I have written so many ideas and blog posts in it that I can just look through it and get an idea on what to write a blog post. I'd highly suggest you get yourself a notebook deidcate to blogging and take it with you everywhere because trust me it's going to be your best friend when you're out and about and have an idea for a blog post.
5. Get a blogging book
If you go onto amazing and search for blogging in the books section I can gurantee you'll find a lot of books about blogging. I actually have one it's called 365 Blog Topic Ideas by Dana Fox and this book has been very useful when I've been stuck for an idea to write a blog post. Sometimes you just need that idea to come from somebody else and make it your own. That's okay with blogging. Just don't go copying anyone's words or ideas just interpret your own point of view and opinions in to the blog post.
6. Watch YouTube videos
Believe it or not but you can turn a YouTube video into a blog post without actually having to make a video. Sometimes I'll see a video pop up in my subsciption box or through my endless watching of YouTube videos then I'll just think I could do a blog post on that idea. It actually works for me sometimes. For example I saw a what's in my bag video once and thought I could do that for my blog but with pictures. Guess what. I ended up making that post on this blog. If you've lost your motivation to write a blog post then go and watch your favourite YouTubers or just search for something you're interested in like university tips or beauty videos. Just find something on YouTube you're interested in watching or something that relates to your blog and I'm sure you'll find an idea for a blog post which you're interested in writing about.
7. Just write
Sometimes I will just open up a new post and just start writing what comes to my mind. Whether it's my thoughts and feelings on something or if I just feel like writing. Sometimes just writing on a blank document helps when it comes to finding your motivation to blog. Even if it's just about anything you're still writing at the end of the day and whether it is something that you intend to publish or if it's just something that'll stay in your draft posts. It's a start to getting your motivation to blogging. Sometimes as I'm typing away my thoughts and feelings into a blank document I will suddenly just get that spark of inspiration or an idea for a blog post that I'll just start writing it up. Before you know it I have a blog post ready to be published and it feels great. Sometimes just having a blog post ready to be published just motivates me to write more blog posts and keep blogging.
Anyway, that's all my tips for finding your blog motivation. I hope it was helpful to all you bloggers out there because it was definelty helpful to me. Let me know what motivates you to blog in the comments below. I'll be back again tomorrow with another blog post for you all.
See you then.
Friday, 3 November 2017
I thought you guys deserve to know a little bit more about me as you take the time to actually read my blog. So here is a list of my top ten favorite movies in no particular order because I kind of suck at putting things in order of my favorite but these are the top ten movies which I would happily watch.
1. Me Before You
I know I'm starting with a tear-jerker but I honestly love this movie. I read the book before I watched this movie and I cried when I read this book. I thought Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin were perfect for the roles of Louisa and Will. Honestly I couldn't imagine anyone else playing the roles of them. Honestly this movie was so inspiring and just shows that your life can change in a second that you should make the most of the life that you are living. It's just so beautiful that I cannot even find the words to describe how much I love this movie. I'd highly recommend you go check it out if you have not seen it yet and definitely read the book by JoJo Moyes first because honestly you'll cry and also there's a sequel of the book called After You which you should read as well to find out what happens next.
2. Harry Potter
I could not have a list of a top ten favourite movies and not include Harry Potter. Harry Potter will always be a big win for me. I could watch a Harry Potter movie and always feel happy about it. I've never actually had a full Harry Potter movie marathton back to back but I feel like I should. Maybe I will do it for my birthday or something. Just spend the whole day watching Harry Potter. I've heard it's 19 hours and 38 minutes without the credits so it is possible to do it all in one day. You'll probably just have to make sure you have no plans that day, lots of snacks and go to bed really late as well as wake up early because you'll have a lot of Harry Potter to get through. Anyway, like I said before words can't describe how much I love the Harry Potter series. I've even reread the books so many times and I still love it everytime. My top two favourites would definetly have to be Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire. I just find them the more interesting years out of all of them and I just love when I read these two books or watch the movies. All in all I love the entire series to be honest.
3. The Devil Wears Prada
Who doesn't love this movie? I mean it's Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. This movie is just the best and defiently a movie which is fun to watch. I'm not going to lie but everytime I watch this movie I always feel motivated to write a blog post. I don't know why that is. I guess this movie just makes me want to be a successful independent woman and it makes me wanna treat this blog like a job. Does it motivate anyone else to do work or make a blog post or start magazine or is it just me? Probably just movie. This movie is the best and I'm sure most of you reading this will know that and if you've never seen this movie. Where have you been? I'm kidding. I saw this movie for the first time like two years ago so don't worry about it. But seriously if you've never seen this movie then you need to watch it. Seriously you will love it.
4. The Intern
Let's talk about another movie which motivates me to write blog posts. I'm actually currently watching it while writing this post. I feel like this movie is one of those underappreciated movies and I really don't get it. It has Robert De Nero and Anne Hathaway in it. It's a really fun and inspiring movie because it's all about making the most of your life and that you're never too old or too young to do anything in this world. Honestly, I want to be like the character of Ben when I'm older because he's just so inspiring and even though he's in his retirement he still wants to do things and make everyday exciting. He doesn't want to be stuck in the house all day. He wants to go out and live his life to the best and that's why I get inspired by him. That's why I love this movie and I would highly recommend you check it out if you have not already.
5. Love Rosie
I feel like there's a little theme here as this movie stars Sam Claflin (He's so cute and I love him) but that's not why I love this movie. Well maybe a little bit. It also stars Lilly Collins. This movie is just so funny and loveable. It's about how life can get in the way of things and nothing is how you expected it to turn out. This movie is just so fun and so relatable at times. It's really great. I'm just a sucker for chick flicks and this is definetly one that I love to watch. I would highly recommend.
6. Pirates of the Caribbean
Now who does not love a bit of Captain Jack Sparrow? I love this film series. After Harry Potter this is my second favourite film series. I just feel happy when I watch this and still find some of the jokes funny. It's just one of those movies that I'd happily watch if I was in the mood to watch a movie. It's just great. I remember in the first week back at university I was in Asda doing my grocery shop and then an announcement came that the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean was out on DVD on special offer for £10. I was so happy and excited because I saw it in the cinema and absolutely loved it. I went straight to the DVD counter after the announcement and picked it up. I just love these movies.
If you have never seen this film then I would highly recommend you check it out. It's such a fun loving motivational movie. I actually cried at the end (and still do sometimes) but it's just so empowering and literally I feel happy whenever I put this on. I actually discovered this movie in my Media Studies class in Sixth Form and we went to go see it in the cinema. I thought it was great and I love analysing this movie. It was really great and one of my favourite movies to watch.
8. Beauty and the Beast
I have to put one of my favourite Disney movies of all time on this list. When I was a kid I absolutely loved Beauty and the Beast. I had a lot of toys and stuff which related to Beauty and the Beast like a suitcase, a jewllery box etc. I just loved it. It made me so happy everytime it was put on the TV. As I got older I realised I kind of related to Belle she's a bookworm but also felt like she was different to the rest of the town which is actually I feel at this moment in time so I feel I can kind of relate to her. I loved the original animation but I also really enjoyed watching the remake as well. They are both great in my opinion.
9. The Rocky Horror Picture Show
As I was writing this list I noticed there was a lack of musicals here and I'm someone who loves watching musicals. Now I didn't include Shrek the musical or Cats on this list because even though they are my favourites they were technically filmed on a stage but honestly I love them just as equally as the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Now I absolutely love this movie. It's fun and has a lot of great music. Who doesn't love the Time Warp? I feel like this one of those under appreciated musicals but honestly it is really great. The cast is great and it's just something I'm so familiar with and could probably recite all the lines to the movie that I just love it. I've also watched the live screening of the Rocky Horror Picture which you should definetly watch. I think it's on YouTube but it is amazing. I feel like it does make a difference when you watch Rocky Horror live and listen to the audience participation. It definetly adds a fun side to the whole show which is really great.
10. The Fault In Our Stars
Finally, I'm ending this list on another tear jerker but honestly I love this film. I read the book first and cried at that then I watched the movie and cried at that as well. Honestly, this movie is just beautiful. The whole entire story is just perfect and the casting as well for Hazel and Augustus was just perfect. It's such a good movie and honestly if you've never seen this movie or read the book then I would highly suggest that you go and check it out.
I know I'm probably terrible at describing my thoughts and feelings on a movie but I just didn't want to spoil them for you in case you've never seen them (because spoilers are literally the worst thing ever). However, I feel putting the movie on the list as one of my favourites should count as a recommendation that you should check it out. Not that I expect anyone to read this will do that but you never know.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading about my top ten favourite movies. Let me know your favourite movies in the comments below and I'll be back tomorrow with another post for you. I love blogging everyday. It kind of motivates me to write blog posts and honestly I absolutely love it. It's a great feeling afterwards when you've written the blog post. If you don't have a blog then you should definetly try it because it is a fun hobby to do.
Thursday, 2 November 2017
As I have been getting a lot more views on my posts recently and I have a feeling some of them are new readers who barely know me I thought I'd do a getting to know me post and do 50 facts about me. I did once do a 15 facts about me post back in 2015 but I'm not going to include those however if you want to know more you can read those extra facts here. Anyway we have a lot to get through so lets do this.
1. I don't have any tattoos. I have thought about it but the thought of something being so permanent on my body terrifies me. I feel like if I ever got a tattoo that I'll regret it. We'll see though.
2. I've never been in a long term relationship with a guy. Just never found the right one and guys have never really been interested in me. I'm used to it and I'm happy being single so don't throw me a pity party.
3. I can get socially awkward sometimes. I'm just kind of a socially awkward person. I struggle to make conversation so sometimes I let other people do the talking and just listen in on the conversation. It takes a lot for me to say something. Although sometimes with me the conversation just flows out of my mouth and it's all good. I guess it just depends if I'm comfortable with the people I'm with or if I'm not feeling like talking or being socialable that day. It's very awkward sometimes.
4. I have shoulder dimples. I have two dimples on each side on the back of my shoulders. It's always funny when I see them. I don't actually know how and why I have them. I was just born with it.
5. I'd rather have a cosy night in than a night out. Just because I can just be all cosy and snug in comfy clothes with easy access to food, movies and just being in the comfort of my own home. However, if a night out occured I would not say no.
6. I do not have my ears pierced. I did once upon a time but once the earring butterflies (the back of the earring) was too small and both of them actually got stuck inside my ear lobe. I had to go to hospital and a doctor had to get them out. I had no anesthetic for it so it was a very painful experience. The right ear was worse than the left ear and I know that because I still have a hole in my left ear but not in the right one. I have not repierced my ears or put any earrings in since. I tend to use clip on earrings if I want earrings. I'm not really bothered about it though to be honest.
7. I also have no other piercings on my body and I'm not interested in any other piercings.
8. I love coffee to the point where it has no affect on me. Coffee is life.
9. My favourite Starbucks drink is a Caramel Macciato. I just love it and order it every single time I'm in Starbucks unless the christmas drinks are out or I'm in the mood for their hot chocolate.
10. My favourite chocolate is M&M Peanuts or Cadburies Dairy Milk. Just the plain simple one because it's just so good and I love it.
11.I can be indecisive at times especially when it comes to Uni work. I sometimes just want to do loads of different things and can't focus on what particular thing or I just struggle to make quick decisions sometimes.
12. My most used phrase of all time is "I don't know" because most of the time, I just do not know.
13. I've only ever broken one bone in my body in my life and that was my left humerus bone. Here's a life tip for you. Don't walk backwards with a toddler in your hands at 8am in the morning because you may fall and hit your arm on a child safety gate and break a humerus bone. The toddler was okay but my arm was not. That's probably the worst morning I've ever had. I had only been awake for fifteen minutes then I go and break my arm.
14. I enjoy my own company. Sometimes I just like to be alone. It has nothing to do with other people. I just need my own space to process things in my head or just to relax or to just be away from people. I just enjoy some alone time sometimes.
15. My clothing choices are black, navy, blue or grey. I just prefer the dark colours and they're more slimming. Although I wouldn't say no to a bit of colour.
16. I have a love of reading and my favourite book is Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins or Harry Potter by JK Rowling. I also love books by Sophie Kinsella. I just love Harry Potter or contemporary chick lit romance books.
17. Lately I've been getting into an obsession with Harry Potter stuff, If it involves Harry Potter I want it. Primark is guilty of this. They have so much Harry Potter related stuff and I want it all. I love it so much. It makes me happy. I have two copies of the seven books and all the audiobooks read by Steven Fry. I'm currently listening to the Chamber of Secrets. Harry Potter just makes me so happy.
18. My favourite song is Who I'd Be from Shrek the Musical. Just the whole album puts a smile on my face and the musical actually. If you've never seen Shrek the Musical then I'd highly recommend it. I watched it on the plane on the way back from New York and it just made me so happy. I was actually laughing in my seat that people kept giving me weird looks but I didn't care becuase I was having a great time watching it in my seat. I've since bought the DVD and watched it many times.
19. I've never worn false eye lashes before and I don't plan on it because I was blessed with long eyelashes that mascara just does the trick.
20. I fail at applying winged eyeliner and it just makes me so sad but I just get so frustrated when I make a mistake or it doesn't look the same on both sides. Sad times.
21. My favourite make up brands is Makeup Revolution as I love their palettes and Collection because I love their face products.
22. I don't smoke. I once did attempt it by taking a drag of a cigarette which resulted in a coughing fit and it was gross. Plus it stinks and I just don't see the appeal of it so I'm not planning on ever smoking.
23. I love playing the PS1 versions of Harry Potter. There's only two but I get a sense of nostalgia when I play those games and I still find them enjoyable to play even though I've played them many times over and over game. I also have some Harry Potter video games on ps2 as well which I still play because I just love playing old school Harry Potter video games. Harry Potter is just life.
24. My favourite musicals at the moment are Cats, Shrek the Musical.and Rocky Horror.
25. My favourite band of all time is McFly. I've just always loved their music and will always listen to them. I literally haven't advanced my musical taste to other bands but I will listen to other bands and artists. I just will always have a love for McFly.
26. I absolutely love sleeping. Sleeping is the best. Who doesn't love sleeping?
27. I am scared of Spiders and Bats. They absolutely terrify me. Also not a huge fan of heights either.
28. Dan and Phil are my favourite YouTubers. I absolutely love them.
29. I have a very large reading list of books I want to read. I just sometimes get into a reading slump and can't be bother to read but other times I'll struggle to stop reading. It's a hard life sometimes when there's so many good books out there and it makes me sad that I probably won't be able to read all the books in the world. (That's actually impossible.)
30. BBQ sauce is literally my favourite. If a food was covered in BBQ sauce then you can gurantee that I'll probably eat it. BBQ Ribs is my favourite food. I just wish there was more meat to eat off the bone but oh well.
31. I've not completed the Hunger Games books. I read the first one then I ended up watching the first movie on Netflix. Then the second one came out and then the final two part movies came out. I enjoyed the movies but I just never got interested in reading the books after seeing the movies. The three books are currently just sitting on my bookshelf. Two of them unread and one read. Oh well. Maybe one day I'll read them.
32. When I'm home alone, I enjoy belting out songs and thinking I have a good voice. I've been told though by those who have walked in on these moments that I don't have a great singing voice which breaks my heart because I love singing. However, this is the reason I don't sing in public.
33. I don't text or phone anyone first. The only person I do text and ring first is my mum. That's probably the only use I have for my phone apart from social media, Spotify and playing games. I just struggle to text or phone people first because I'm afraid I'm bothering them so yeah. (I told you I'm socially awkward and this is living proof)
34. I am a massive overthinker and worrier. I overthink and worry about a lot of things in my head and to myself. It just happens. Sometimes it can be over the little things but still it happens. It's frustrating and annoying but I can't help it sometimes. I just overthink and worry (mostly at night).
35. I am a big procrastinator. I wish I wasn't. I try to get myself organised and make to do lists or schedule stuff but then the next day I'm just like. Nope or I'll do it later then I never do. I'm trying to get better but it's a struggle.
36. I wish social media wasn't such a big deal. I wish it didn't exist. It was all good like 11 years ago when social media wasn't such a big deal. Now it is and it's hard sometimes to disconnect from it. A part of me just wishes I could deactivate all my accounts and not waste my time scrolling through social media but it's hard when you just can't help but be nosy at what other people are doing with their lives.
37. I have a very vivid imagination. I have an alternative world inside my head (I've googled many times if this is crazy and apparently it's not) I just kind of escape into this other world sometimes. I'm not going to talk about it because it's my world but yeah. I just have an alternative world in my head which I escape to sometimes. (I know it sounds crazy but it doesn't effect my reality in any way. I just day dream a lot.)
38. I hate shopping with other people. I don't have anything against other people or my friends or family but I just kind of prefer to shop alone because I feel I can take my time and just go at a steady pace. Although I have had some good memories shopping with friends.
39. I hate wearing high heels. If I could wear flats to a night club I would. As much as heels look pretty I know that after a couple of hours or even an hour they will be the most painful thing to wear. That's why I mostly just stick to flats unless it's a night out where a heel goes with my outfit or if it's a special occasion.
40. I prefer Autumn and Winter to Spring and Summer. I just like wearing jumpers and hoodies plus the excuse to stay inside is more acceptable in Autumn and Winter.
41. I have been to the cinema alone four times now and honestly it's not such a bad thing. It's actually fun by yourself although I don't mind going to the cinema with friends or family.
42. I'm in my final year of university and I'm already dreading the end.
43. I still don't have a clue what I want to do after university.
44. When I was a teenager I wanted to be an actress and nearly chose drama for a GCSE but my shyness got the better of me. I do have some regrets over that decision.
45. I do not like confrontation. I tend to avoid confrontation and it's kind of a problem because I wish I spoke out more if something was really bothering me but I just don't like confrontation with other people.
46. I've learned a lot over these past eleven years about love, friends, family and life.
47. Apparently I'm a snorer. I've been told by many people I snore and also I'm a heavy breather sometimes to the point that people tell me I'm breathing too loud. That is because I struggle to breath through my nose (I don't know why) so I end up breathing through my mouth because I feel comfortable doing that rather. So yeah. That's a thing.
48. I have a lot of regrets. Too many to count. I just try to not think about them too much.
49. I'm currently writing this at twenty past ten at night in my pyjamas.
50. I have been blogging for over three years now and that is just crazy how much it's flown by and the fact that I've nearly made 300 posts on my blog. I'm just so proud of myself for how much time and effort I've put into my blog. I'm glad I can continue to blog here and just share my thoughts and feelings on life as well as create content which I want to post.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed learning fifty facts about me. A lot of these are probably facts that I haven't really told many people but now you know.
I'll be back again tomorrow with another post.
See you then.
Wednesday, 1 November 2017
As I have done this for the past two years I thought I may as well do it again this year. As November is the national blog posting month I will be posting for the entire month of November which means you'll be getting thirty blog posts from me for the entire month of November.
The fun thing about this is it will be a variety of blog posts from me. I will definetly be sharing my current favourites of the month as well as updating you guys about my third and final year of university and offering my own advice for you. Expect to see some day in my life posts about what I get up to during the day or what I've recently experienced. There's loads of potential posts which I have planned out ready for you all to see.
I hope this month will encourage you to maybe start a blog of your own. Blogging is so easy and so fun. Plus there's loads of free websites which will help you to start up your blog. In my opinion I'd recommend using Blogger. It's free and you can personalise your blog how you want to and everything you need for a blog post is here. I use it and I find it so helpful with running this blog on it. All you really need for blogging is a laptop, a camera to take photos (do use your own original photos as it adds a personal touch to your posts) and a notebook to jot down your ideas and blog posts. It's so much less effort than starting a YouTube channel and you can literally wear what you like and nobody will know. I'm currently writing this in pyjamas but that doesn't matter because you can't see. I would highly recommend blogging to anyone and you don't have to blog about one specific thing. You can blog about anything and everythiing.
Just go for it! What's the worst that could happen?
Anyway, I'll be back again tomorrow with another blog post. Stick around on this blog for an update everyday from me.
See you tomorrow.